Special Recent Posts
Weekly Parish Announcements
31 August 2014
1. Welcome Fr Daniel! Today is dedicated to Catholic priesthood. Let us pray for the holiness of priests.
At 9.45am we have the Novena mass for children, parents and catechists.
At 5.00pm a cortege accompanies the New priest, Fr Daniel Sultana from his residence in Triq Ġnien Xibla. Let us welcome him in a spirit of joy and prayer and then attend the concelebrated mass with a homily about Priesthood. This is followed by the kissing of the priest’s hands. The evening mass at 7.30pm will be celebrated at the Female members’ MUSEUM Centre.
2. Family Day: Tomorrow, Monday is dedicated to the Family. Couples who this year are celebrating their 25th or 50th wedding anniversary are specially invited for the 7.30pm mass. Couples who had babies born this past year are also invited and babies shall be presented to the Bambina.
3. Confessions: Tomorow, Monday is a day dedicated to confessions to prepare ourselves for the anniversary of the Coronation.
4. Next Tuesday we commemorate th 41st anniversary of the coronation of the statue. We are to mark this day by going to mass. Mass schedule is as follows: 5.00am, 6.00am, 7.00am, 7.45am. The Archbishop of Loreto, Italy celebrates high mass at 9.00am; then there is a mass at 5.00pm and at 7.00pm a high mass by the Auxiliary Bishop of Malta. All those who visit our basilica on that day may earn a plenary indulgence, under the usual conditions.
5. One of these days you shall be offered a copy of the Parish magazine “Ix-Xagħra”. A donation of €3 is being requested.
6. As from tomorrow, September 1st, the first mass in the afternoon will be at 5.00pm instead of at 5.30pm.
|Il-Misteri tal-Ferh - Jinghadu nhar ta’ Tnejn u nhar ta’ Sibt|
|Il-Misteri tal-Glorja – jinghadu l-Erbgha, u l-Hadd|
|Il-Misteri tad-Dawl – jinghadu l-Hamis|
|Il-Misteri tat-Tbatija – jinghadu t-Tlieta u l-Gimgha|